Re: [fetchmail]fetchmail 5.9.10 seg fault

2002-03-26 11:45:45
----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob MacGregor" <rob_macgregor(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com>
From: Bill Williamson <batkiwi(_at_)happychinchilla(_dot_)com>

I'm running courier mail server (.37.3) and fetchmail 5.9.10.

If I turn OFF esmtp authentication, fetchmail works fine.
When I turn ON esmtp auth (so that I can relay with authentication from
outside my home network) fetchmail seg faults.

I haven't tried 5.9.10 but I'm running 5.9.8 against Sendmail 8.12.2 with
SMTP AUTH.  5.9.8 hasn't crashed when AUTH is offered.

I've also just built 5.9.10 and had exactly the same non-crashing result -
works like a charm.

I just rebuilt it with ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-fallback=no.

Still got the segfault.  I was able to make it run successfully by setting
esmtpname and esmtppassword in my .fetchmailrc, which is an okay fix for now
but shouldn't be necessary (and would annoy most of my users, as well as
having to change my password in two places when it expires).

I can provide anything necessary to track this down, but am not sure where
to look.  It seems to be a fetchmail problem since various other mail
clients work fine locally, and adding a user/pass into my rc file fixes the
segfault.

Just by chance, did you have a esmtpuser/pw set when you ran your test?

Thanks!

--Bill