[fetchmail]fetchmail forwarding to exim directly

2002-04-15 08:46:50
Hi
I'm running fetchmail 5.9.0 on a Linux box.

What I am trying to do is:
I have a dialup box running fetchmail and exim.
The box polls a multidrop pop3 account at the isp for a specific domain (say
for
company.co.za).
I then want fetchmail to deliver all received email directly to exim (I do not
want it to try
any local deliveries). I have told exim to treat any mail with company.co.za as
remote and
all mail in this domain will be forwarded to another mail server on the
network. All I want is
for the email to be sent through exims filter and then forwarded directly to
the other mail
server.

The problem I am having is it seems fetchmail is fetching all the mail but its
then sending it
to the postmaster because it is not finding a local match.

Below is one of the .fetchmailrc files iv tried.

Poll some.machine.co.za with proto pop3 nodns localdomains localhost:
User "testacc" with pass "apasswd" to postmaster here

(I have tried various options at the end including nothing after the passwd. Iv
also tried
--smtphost 127.0.0.1 but then when it sends it to exim it uses RCPT TO:
root(_at_)127(_dot_)0(_dot_)0(_dot_)1)

Below is a summary of fetchmails output:

Fetchmail: analyzing received line
a Linux box
Im polling a normal user account)

                Id 16SNvj-0000EZ-00
                For <user(_at_)company(_dot_)co(_dot_)za>; wed date....

Fetchmail: line rejected, some.machine.co.za is not an alias of mail server

Fetchmail: About to rewrite To: user(_at_)company(_dot_)co(_dot_)za
Rewritten: version is To: user(_at_)company(_dot_)co(_dot_)za

Fetchmail: About to rewrite From: jack(_at_)some(_dot_)machine(_dot_)co(_dot_)za
Rewritten: version is From: jack(_at_)some(_dot_)machine(_dot_)co(_dot_)za

Fetchmail: no local matches, forwarding to postmaster

It then does the whole SMTP>
                                SMTP<
Which sends it normally to postmaster.

I have tried various configurations of .fetchmailrc but all seem to have the
same effect. I
get the feeling im missing something really simple like an option to tell it
not to deliver
locally. Im trying to emulate the situation at home using two Linux machines so
im not sure
if its something I might have setup incorrectly? (Possibly something to with
host names or
DNS as im not running any, only hosts file). I have spent quite a lot of time
getting this
whole thing to work even posted this question to local groups but no luck, so
any help
would be appreciated. If I seem vague anywhere please ask me for more detail.

Thanks and Regards
J-P human