[fetchmail]Fetchmail + SSH -> still asks for password for localhost

2002-04-26 13:53:18
Hi

I am trying to implement the no password requird part in the mini howto
for pop and ssh, so that I don't have to enter the password each time.

However, even though I have ssh set up correctly, I always get
asked for the password in this manner:
fetchmail -c
Enter password for myusername(_at_)localhost:

My .fetchmailrc looks like:
defaults
       user myusername is myusername
       no rewrite
poll localhost with protocol pop3 and port 11110:
       preconnect "ssh -C -f myusername(_at_)pop -L 11110:pop:110 sleep 5"

If I do just ssh to pop, I get:
ssh pop
Last login: Thu Apr 25 2002 00:50:47
Sun Microsystems Inc.   SunOS 5.7       Generic October 1998
You have mail.
   You are not authorized to use this system.  If you believe you
   should be authorized, contact your manager, advisor, or Support.

Connection to pop closed.

So, this means my ssh is setup correctly (the login fails because that server
does not allow user login).

Whats wrong here ? The main thing is that I want to avoid putting my password in my .fetchmailrc since its in clear text there and I often leave my workstation unlocked.

Thanks
SG