[fetchmail]Fetchmail problem/question

2002-04-26 03:23:53
Dear reader,

I am using fetchmail on my linux box to retreive messages from a pop3
server. Unfortunately the same account is used by windows outlook users.
My problem is that, after outlook retrieves messages from the server,
these messages are marked as being red, so when fetchmail connects, it
will not download these messages, leaving me deprived of, ofcourse, very
important information ;-).

I tried to convince the outlook users that it is much more comfortable
to use only fetchmail, and configure their outlook to fetch email from
the linux-box, but unfortunately I have to admit to myself I am fighting
a lost battle.

In the Fetchmail documentation there is a part about, what the author
refers to as an error, getting mail messages that are already marked as
being red. This happens with RFC1725 pop-servers, and Fetchail will only
keep track of the messages that it retrieved itself, using a file named
.fetchids, where it stores the idensession info of the retrieved
messages.

Is there a way for me to use this trick on a non RFC1725 pop server?

I would be a happier person if one of you ppl could provide me with this
information, or a different suggestion perhaps.

Thank you in advance,

 Bart.

Bart Bekker
Treco S.R.L
Str. Barsanesti Nr.19
Sector 6 Bucuresti
Romania
Tel.: (40 1) 769.28.27      Fax.: (40 1) 221.45.46  E-mail:
treco(_at_)fx(_dot_)ro