Re: [fetchmail]Fetchmail refuses to deliver occasional junk mail messsages

2002-04-30 23:16:01
From: Chris Green <chris(_at_)areti(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>

Every so often I get a piece of junk mail which gets permanently stuck
on the POP3 server because fetchamil refuses to collect it, it
produces error messages as follows:-

    3 messages for chris(_at_)isbd at pop3.demon.co.uk (196246 octets).
reading message 1 of 3 (6217 octets) fetchmail: mail from FETCHMAIL-DAEMON(_at_)localhost bounced to postmaster(_at_)uk
    fetchmail: can't even send to chris!
    fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from pop3.demon.co.uk
    fetchmail: Query status=10 (SMTP)

If I do 'fetchmail -v' then I get:-

    reading message 2 of 3 (1260 octets)
    fetchmail: SMTP> MAIL FROM:<postmaster(_at_)uk> SIZE=1260
    fetchmail: SMTP< 250 2.1.0 <postmaster(_at_)uk>... Sender ok
    fetchmail: SMTP> RCPT TO:<chris(_at_)localhost>
fetchmail: SMTP< 501 5.1.8 <chris(_at_)localhost>... Domain of sender address postmaster(_at_)uk does not exist fetchmail: SMTP listener doesn't like recipient address `chris(_at_)localhost'

I'm pretty sure this was discussed on the list just a few days ago, but here goes again.

Your local SMTP server is refusing email with a domain that doesn't resolve. Add the phrase "options antispam 501" to the line for the remote POP server and it will throw away such email.

   Please don't CC me on anything sent to mailing lists or send
       me email directly unless it's a privacy issue, thanks.
--
Rob  |  Ask questions the smart way: