[fetchmail]Message delimiter found while scanning headers

2002-05-01 15:39:30
Hi folks,

I've been using fetchmail (5.9.6) to retrieve my POP3 mail for quite some
time, but recently I started to get a "strange" error message. Here's what
I'm talking about:

root(_at_)k6-2-300> fetchmail
fetchmail: No mail for tisys at gwaleel.pair.com
fetchmail: No mail for mholland at mcqueen.wolfsburg.de
7 messages for nils at tisys.org (101394 octets).
reading message nils(_at_)tisys(_dot_)org:1 of 7 (30913 octets) fetchmail:
message
delimiter found while scanning headers
flushed

I've received this one twice during the last two days, and I guess it means
that a message in my mailbox must be "improperly" formatted. The only way
I've managed to fix it was to telnet into my POP3 server and DELE the
offending message by hand (probably I should have RETR'd it before that in
order to examine it, but I tend to get these bright ideas when it's too
late ;-)

Anyway - does anyone know more precisely what this error message means and
what I could do against it?

Thanks in advance,
Nils

--
Nils Holland <nils(_at_)daemon(_dot_)tisys(_dot_)org>
Ti Systems - http://www.tisys.org