Re: [fetchmail]fetchmail hangs !!

2002-05-01 23:13:27
From: "Lokesh Khanna" <lkhanna(_at_)hughes-ecomm(_dot_)com>

Hi
i am usinng fetchmail-5.3.1-1 on redhat 6.2 box for fetching mails.I am
facing a strange problem.
I fetch my mails from my ISP mail server. and when my link is up, it fetches
very fine.
But some time in b/w fetching if my link goes down , then it stop fetching
 ...cool ) , and after 5 minutes it says timeout after 300 sec ( that is
also cool,,,) .But after that it get hunged .
It should kill fetchmail process after timeout, but it doesn't happen. It
goes into hang mode , and then i have to manually kill that process, and
start my fetchmail again...
To run fetchmail i have done croning, which start fetchmail after every 30
minutes. and now if it is going into hang mode, it will never start
fetchmail after next 30 minutes.
How can i resolve this problem

Fetchmail 5.3 is pretty old, it's up to 5.9.11 these days. Try updating your fetchmail and see if that solves the problem.

   Please don't CC me on anything sent to mailing lists or send
       me email directly unless it's a privacy issue, thanks.
--
Rob  |  Ask questions the smart way: