Re: [fetchmail]Fetchmail still refuses to dump spam even with 'antispam' set.

2002-05-02 01:08:02
From: Chris Green <cgreen(_at_)x-1(_dot_)net>

I am still having trouble with some junk mail messages 'sticking' on
the POP3 server and preventing fetchmail from working.

I have (as suggested) added an 'antispam' option but it still doesn't
work.  The relevant line in my .fetchmailrc line is (less password):-

    poll pop3.demon.co.uk protocol pop3
username "chris(_at_)isbd" password "x" is chris" here options antispam 501

I have also tried "--antispam 501" on the fetchmail command line with
exactly the same [non-]result.

A "fetchmail -v" produces the following for the offending mail:-

fetchmail: 5.4.0 querying pop3.demon.co.uk (protocol POP3) at Thu, 02 May 2002 08:35:42 +0100 (BST)

I missed the version number the first time around. Fetchmail is up to 5.9(.11) now, it might be that an upgrade would solve your problem.

   Please don't CC me on anything sent to mailing lists or send
       me email directly unless it's a privacy issue, thanks.
--
Rob  |  Ask questions the smart way: