[fetchmail]WISH: add ability to fetch webmail

2002-05-02 00:40:26
(Please CC this letter to me, since I'm not on the list)

Hi there!

Now that Yahoo! stopped both POP3 service and e-mail forwarding, a lot
of people are in big trouble.

For example I am using a modem to fetch my mail, and I can not afford
to surf on the web to fetch my mail.

I tried to find a tool that can fetch webmail, but I could not find any
Free Software project.

I think it would be very nice is this brand new feature would be added
to fetchmail.

I know that this is much more difficult that POP3 or any of theese
protocols.

Different profiles would be needed to handle the different webmail
portals.

But it could be done, and now that more and more used-to-be-free e-mail
services are closing, and depriving us from out freedom, I am quite sure
it would be a Goot Thing.

What do you thing?

        Kristóf Csillag