Re: [fetchmail]Antispam problems - can fetchmail work with sendmail FEATURE(`blacklist_recipients')?

2002-05-15 04:46:42
Sten <stend+fetchmail-friends(_at_)sten(_dot_)org> writes:

I'm using fetchmail to collect email for my domain, and for the most part it
works wonderfully.  Inevitably, some of the email addresses I've used to
communicate with various organizations have fallen into the hands of spammers,
and I'm trying to use the sendmail access database with
FEATURE(`blacklist_recipients') to reject those recipient addresses.
Unfortunately, while fetchmail handles 550 returns from ruleset check_mail
(the envelope sender) nicely, it seems to have problems when 550 is returned
from ruleset check_rcpt (the envelope recipient).  Specifically, rather than
sending a single bounce and flushing the message, it sends two bounces and
doesn't flush the message.

Am I right that your fetchmail version is 5.8.11 or older?

If so, please try the most recent fetchmail version (5.9.11 as of some
hours ago) and see if the problem goes away with the new version and
then report back if the update helped you or whether the problem
persists.

For a related issue with Postfix, check
http://postfix.home.dhs.org/fetchmail.html