Re: [fetchmail]Support for SIMS: X-Real-To??

2002-05-28 12:47:53
On Sun, 26 May 2002, it was written:

Although I understand Multidrop from a single POP Account can create
"problems", I am interested in accessing a "Unified Domain-Wide Account"
of MAC's SIMS <http://www.stalker.com/SIMS/>!  With a UDWA SIMS adds the
Envelope Address as a "X-Real-To" Header (same idea as "X-Envelope-To"),
but when specifying that FETCHMAIL (RH 6.2 5.9.0-9) reports "no local
matches" and forwards all accounts to the Postmaster.  SIMS's "X-Real-To"
Header contains ONLY the local username (missing the UDWA's Domain), is
that the reason it is NOT being accepted/found by FETCHMAIL or is a full
"Received" type Header (with Mailhost and "for" Fields) required???

Answering my own question: I tried a SENDMAIL Feature which adds a similar
"X-Real-To" Header (although including the full domainname):

   ftp://ftp.stalker.com//pub/sendmail-UDWA.txt

and FETCHMAIL was "satisfied" since it was able to determine
"definitively" if the address is "local"!!!

Larry Houston  --  (larry(_at_)boyd(_dot_)geog(_dot_)mcgill(_dot_)ca)