[fetchmail]Fix for kerberos 4 IMAP support

2002-06-01 11:13:27
Hello,

Kerberos 4 IMAP support appears to be broken in fetchmail-5.9.11. After
applying the fixes used by the debian package to fix krb4 support, to
the canonical source package, I noticed that fetchmail tried to speak KPOP to
the IMAP server(Cyrus IMAP4 v1.5.19) , before issuing a "CAPABILITY" command,
causing the IMAP server
to return "* BAD Invalid tag", eventually causing the connection to
timeout. Attached are patches against 5.9.11 to base64.c and driver.c. The
first patch, taken
from the debian fetchmail source package, fixes kerberos 4 support, and
the patch to driver.c causes fetchmail not to send KPOP authentication
to an IMAP server. KRB4 IMAP now works fine, and testing it out with
Kerberos 4 KPOP, I have no problems either.

Arun A Tharuvai