[fetchmail]Re: bounced mails....

2002-06-11 14:41:05
This looks suspiciously like what I'm experienceing lately. Could this be
entirely non-related to your upgrades, just coincidental? What I found out
in my case, and also see in your headers, is that someone is spamming with
an address in your domain in the Return-Path header. This indicates the
receiving party that undeliverable messages should be bounced to that
address. No doubt the spammer has some non-existing addresses that now
bounce to lucky you. If it is indeed what I suspect, you may be stuffed big
time. At this moment I get about 100 of these bounces. I decided to delete
them at my ISP before fetchmail downloads them. mailfilter
(http://mailfilter.sourceforge.net) a miracle for this.

Good luck,
Jan Klaverstijn

----- Original Message ----- > Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 21:10:18 +0200
From: Michael Agbaglo <byteshifter(_at_)shifted-bytes(_dot_)de>
To: fetchmail-friends(_at_)ccil(_dot_)org
Subject: [fetchmail]bounced mails....

Hi there...!

After upgrading from 5.9.0 to 5.9.6 (sendmail from 8.12.1 to 8.12.2) and
switching from SpamBouncer to SpamAssassin I'm getting some bounced
mails from time to time... I'm using the same scripts for fetchmail and
sendmail as before the upgrade...

I set spambounce to off in .fetchmailrc but that didn't help...

any ideas ?

M.
... snipped the rest  ...