Re: [fetchmail]reply to

2002-06-11 11:25:25
Rob MacGregor wrote:
From: Michael Agbaglo <byteshifter(_at_)shifted-bytes(_dot_)de>
When you hit 'reply' mail is send only to the author. So you have to
[mailinglist]' not very comfortable... I'd suggest to set 'reply to:
[mailinglist]'.

This is far from the only list I subscribe to where the default is to reply
to the author.  If you do a little searching you'll discover why some lists
default the way this one does.

Specifically:

And then there's this rebuttal:
http://www.metasystema.org/essays/reply-to-useful.mhtml

It's an old argument.

Finally, a commonly accepted solution, Mail-Followup-To:
http://cr.yp.to/proto/replyto.html

--
==============================| Guildenstern: "So there you are."
 Rob Funk <rfunk(_at_)funknet(_dot_)net> | Rosencrantz:  "Stark raving sane."