Re: [fetchmail]Problem with fetchmail semi-silently ignoring messages

2002-06-15 11:15:07
Hallo Andrew,

[...]

I'm not sure what the best way round this would be, and it's
already been pointed out to me that allowing fetchmail to fetch
non-standards-compliant mail is not likely to go down well on
this list ;), which I perfectly understand --- non-standards
compliant stuff is likely to confuse the local MTA --- but I
would like a way to both retrieve the mail and/or flush it,
without too much hassle. Can anyone suggest a solution ---
maybe a fetchmail --getmalformedmail option or something that
retrieved malformed mail on the next run of the fetchmail
daemon?

I would like to see s.th. like this too.  My problem with malformed
mail is not that this one malformed mail isn't fetched, but also all
the other mails behind the first mail are also not retrieved.

I think it is not the job of fetchmail to decide if an email is
malformed or not, it should try to fetch, try every possible way and
if it cannot figure out what to do with a fetched malformed mail it
may send an error to the admin,  but simply not fetching is no
solution which I can live with.

IMHO, if a mail can be fetched it should be fetched.

I think it is not impossible to fetch these mails, my stupid windows
mail user agent is able to do it, so fetchmail should be able too.

Gerrit
--
"All faults& bugs are mine - Robert"
    from squid/acinclude.m4,   Sun Apr 21 05:21:21 2002