Re: [fetchmail]Building fetchmail with SSL support.

2002-06-15 10:03:12
Henri van Riel <fetchmail(_at_)vanriel(_dot_)xs4all(_dot_)nl> writes:

Somebody on the openssl mailinglist told me that it is because every new
version of the openssl libraries is not compatible with previous or future
versions. That is why the complete version number is needed. This will
change when version 1.0 comes out (so I am told).

Yup, I presume R. S. Engelschall wants to avoid versions like
"libcrypto.so.27.26.25" for his 1.0.0 release.