[fetchmail]multiple users with multiple accounts

2002-06-14 10:50:29
What would be some better configuration options for fetchmail to support
multiple users with multiple accounts?
More specifically: about 100-120 users, each with approx.three separate
external pop3 email accounts; desired results would be to have fetchmail
poll all accounts with the mail ending up in the users local IMAP
(internal mail service only) mailboxes on a timely basis, with timely
basis meaning about every 2-3 minutes.
It seems to me that one daemon process would take too long to complete
due to the amount and size of mail plus the added fact that one persons
pop3 account service may hang up the process due to timeouts, etc.
causing everyone else's mail to be delayed as well.
There may also be a lot of extra overhead running a separate daemon for
every user.
I guess I'm looking for options that would provide some of the better
trade-offs between performance, timeliness, and resource usage.
Thanks.

Chris

--
'Nix MS - Just Say .NyET