[fetchmail]Building fetchmail with SSL support.

2002-06-14 10:23:56
Hi all,

I am trying to build fetchmail with ssl support. I downloaded the latest
release of openssl and compiled the shared libraries. They are all there,
no problem so far. All tests were successful too.

When I configure fetchmail with --with-ssl it looks for the libraries in
the correct directory (/usr/local/ssl). Compilation is succesful too.

Bu when I look and see what libraries the fetchmail binary needs I see
this:

  libcrypto.so.0.9.6 => /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6

This means that for some reason fetchmail stored the entire filename of the
library. I would expect to see something like this:

  libcrypto.so.0 => /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.so.0

The symlinks libcrypto.so and libcrypto.so.o are in the same directory as
libcrypto.so.0.9.6 (/usr/local/ssl/lib) but for some reason the symlinks
are not used during linking of fetchmail.

I have tried lots of things:
- I put /usr/local/ssl/lib in /etc/ld.so.conf and I've run ldconfig after
  that, no result.
- I installed all libraries in /usr/lib and ran ldconfig, no result.

What am I doing wrong here? I don't want this explicit library name in
fetchmail, I don't think it is supposed to be like that, is it?

Help?

--
Best regards,
 Henri