[fetchmail] starting fetchmail from ppp.linkup on FreeBSD 4.6

2002-07-27 07:07:14
Hello,

I am having some trouble trying to run fetchmail in daemon mode, being
started from /etc/ppp/ppp.linkup in FreeBSD 4.6.
At the /var/log/ppp.log I get:
ppp[56]: tun0: Command: papchap: ! sh /usr/local/bin/fetchmail -v -f
/root/.fetchmailrc >> /tmp/FETCHMAIL.LOG
But no mail is retrieved (yup, I sent myself dozens of emails to test
it) and even no output is directed to my test file.
Does fetchmail needs any special parameter to be run at ppp.linkup?

thanks

Paulo Roberto