Re: [fetchmail] Fetchmail for OpenVMS

2002-09-08 07:03:09
On Sun, Sep 08, 2002 at 06:14:01PM +1000, Mark Forsyth wrote:

Has anyone ported, or thought of porting, Fetchmail to OpenVMS ? Being an
OpenVMS bigot with negligible programming skills I for one would like to
see it.
Doesn't OpenVMS have some posix compatibility libraries ?

Even with negligible programming skills you might be able to grab
the source and see if it compiles.

I seem to recall that there are Unix like shells and tools available
for VMS.

If you start with those it seems to me that you should be able to build
fetchmail on VMS.

--
Jeff Kinz, Director, Emergent Research,  Hudson, MA.
"jkinz(_at_)ultranet(_dot_)com"

    //\         eLviintuaxbilse            /\\