Re: [fetchmail] Fetchmail Version numbers suggestion (read before 6.0.0)

2002-09-09 07:19:28
Matthias Andree <ma(_at_)dt(_dot_)e-technik(_dot_)uni-dortmund(_dot_)de>:
I aim to branch fetchmail in two:

I've thought hard about doing this.  So far, I've always come down,
though narrowly, against it.  I've thought of the code as being
in maintainance mode for a long time.  If you look at the NEWS file,
you'll see that nontrivial new features have been pretty rare for the
last year.

The pace has been slowing lately, with the interval between releases
increasing.  This isn't a picture of a program that even *needs* a
development branch, really.