[fetchmail] client / server syn error and error response to CAPA

2002-10-01 19:22:33
Hi list,

I am having the same old problem found in nearly all fetchmail list mails..
but still none of them seem to give me a clue about how to solve the problem
or am i not getting it ???   the problem iam facing is ...

[root(_at_)localhost senthilg]# fetchmail -v -f  test
fetchmail: 5.9.0 querying pop.net4india.com (protocol POP3) at Wed 02 Oct
2002 07:40:17 AM IST
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Cubic Circle's v1.31 1998/05/13 POP3 ready
<9b780000a3559a3d(_at_)pop(_dot_)net4india(_dot_)com>
fetchmail: POP3> CAPA
fetchmail: POP3< -ERR Invalid command, try one of: USER name, PASS string,
APOPname digest, QUIT
fetchmail: Invalid command, try one of: USER name, PASS string, APOP name
digest, QUIT
fetchmail: POP3> USER f1499924-1
fetchmail: POP3< +OK f1499924-1 selected
fetchmail: POP3> PASS *
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Congratulations!
fetchmail: POP3> STAT
fetchmail: POP3< +OK 1 2856
fetchmail: POP3> LAST
fetchmail: POP3> UIDL
fetchmail: POP3> TOP 1 1
fetchmail: protocol error while fetching UIDLs
fetchmail: POP3> QUIT
fetchmail: client/server synchronization error while fetching from
pop.net4india.com
fetchmail: Query status=7 (ERROR)
fetchmail: normal termination, status 7

The error crops up like client/server sync error and no mail is pulled out
of the mailbox.  Well accoring to some mails in the list which i read ...
it is discussed as if it is more of a bandwidth problem ..  the fact is i am
well connected and my local system using outlookexpress are able to easily
pull the mails from the same place but fetchmail is not able to ..   i am
running  redhat 7.2 and fetchmail ver 5.9.0-1 and the pop server i am trying
to connect is " Cubic Circle's v1.31" .

Is there any known remedy for this problem ??  can anyone please help me out
?

sendhil