Re: [fetchmail] POP3 retrieval problems on fetchmail 6.1.0

2002-10-04 04:20:46
Hello Sunil,

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 02:23:43PM +0530, Sunil Shetye wrote:

I'm having problems making fetchmail 6.1.0 retrieve my POP3 mailbox.
It stumbles over the first message, which is left there by the IMAP
server:

Oops! This was due to my patch to optimise for retained mails. The
problem is that readbody cannot be suppressed for POP3 as the body is
already being sent. Here is a patch which suppresses reading the body
only if the protocol supports it. This logic is extended to transient
(dns) and refused (duplicate mail) errors.

Thank you, it works now.
But would it be wise to add such retained messages to the test server
mailboxes that the Fetchmail homepage boasts of?

--
Stay tuned,
  MhZ                                     JID: mookid(_at_)jabber(_dot_)org