Re: [fetchmail] fetchmail hangs/crashes on timeout

2002-10-05 18:17:28

"Kelly" == Kelly Hawk <khawk(_at_)apple(_dot_)com> writes:

    Kelly> Hi, I've searched google, tuxedo, and the fetchmail FAQ but
    Kelly> haven't found any help. perhaps somone here as an idea.

    Kelly> Once every month or so, my fetchmail either hangs or
    Kelly> crashes (I'm not sure which, I really should check before
    Kelly> rebooting, but I'm always so anxious to get my missing
    Kelly> mail). the last log message from fetchmail is always the
    Kelly> same, and a reboot always fixes the problem:

[...]

I also had this problem and worked around it with a cron entry:

0,30  *  * *  *    fetchmail -q ; killall fetchmail ; fetchmail -d 120

So at the 0 and 30 minutes of every hour I "restart" fetchmail.
I do this in my users cron jobst so I do not risk taking down other peoples
fetcmail processes.

--
Nelson Ferreira