[fetchmail] Cant kill fetchmail cleanly

2002-10-13 04:19:10
I have a "crazy" situation I dont understand.
On a single machine using two different user ids I have two fetchmail
daemons running.  They work fine in fetching and processing mail.
On the first user id when I execute "fetchmail --quit" it works just fine.
But when I execute that on the second user id I get a message about a stale
lock file"
(even though there is no lockfile when I executed the command)
and it does NOT kill the fetchmail process, just removes the .fetchmail.pid
file.

I checked the permissions on all files; they are readable by the owner only.
This condition started I believe with the latest release of fetchmail - 6.1.0
which I am using.

Can someone please shed some light on this matter?

Thanx

 Will Renkel - Motorola Test Labs & Support
 1501 W. Shure Drive - Arlington Heights, IL 60004
 (847) 632-4416 - Will(_dot_)Renkel(_at_)motorola(_dot_)com

"Golf and bowling are not a matter of life and death ...
     they transcend such trivial matters!"

"da little BIG DOG!"