Re: [fetchmail] monitor option ?

2002-11-21 11:23:25
On Thu, 21 Nov 2002 17:00:52 +0100, Jakob Hirsch wrote:

Per Jessen wrote:
Specifying an interface for monitoring using 'monitor <dev>' in
a config-file doesn't work. Or at least, doesn't work for me.

As mentioned above, "monitor" is a server option, so you have to specify
it in a line with "poll .." or (as I do with "interface") with "defaults
...".

OK, I see now. I've put it in a 'poll' line and it works fine. Thanks
for the help.

General question though - when specified in a 'poll' statement, the 'monitor'
option is presumably specific to that poll. But when specified on the
command-line, it is presumably global to all polls. Is there a way to
specify the 'monitor' option in a config file, but such that it is a
global option applicable to all polls ? (Jakobs help has solved the
problem, I'm merely curious).

thanks,
Per

regards,
Per Jessen, Zurich
http://www.enidan.com - home of the J1 serial console.

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.