Re: [fetchmail] fetchmail to Maildir

2002-12-02 06:52:44
"Jason" <okitek(_at_)kda(_dot_)attmil(_dot_)ne(_dot_)jp> writes:

FF,

    How is fetchmail configured to deliver mail to Maildir?  It is
functioning correctly sending to /var/mail/username

Fetchmail does not deliver, but pass on the mail to a program.

On FreeBSD 4.7
cvsup of the ports then installed these from /usr/ports/ with make install

Fetchmail > Postfix > Maildrop > Maildir

Will I need to write /maildroprc file for Maildrop and have it filter the
mail to Maildir?

No need to filter, but

DEFAULT=$HOME/Maildir/

in /etc/maildroprc is the easiest way to achieve this, provided that
your /usr/local/etc/postfix/main.cf is correct; I'm using this on Linux
(you'll have to use /usr/local/bin/maildrop):

mailbox_command = /usr/bin/maildrop -d "$USER" -f "$SENDER" "$EXTENSION"

I'm also adding "import SENDER" to maildroprc to pull the SENDER
variable in and make it available in maildrop.