Re: [fetchmail] fetchmail to Maildir

2002-12-02 18:58:00
Sam Rosenfeld <sam(_at_)wdn(_dot_)com> writes:

mailbox_command = /usr/bin/maildrop -d "$USER" -f "$SENDER" "$EXTENSION"

I'm also adding "import SENDER" to maildroprc to pull the SENDER
variable in and make it available in maildrop.

Hi,  I am using exim, not postfix.  Will your suggestion above work if I put
the "mailbox_command" in /etc/exim/exim.conf.?

I am an Exim ignorant. I know it's there, but that's it. Please consult
the Exim specification for how to configure this. You'll need the -d
"$USER" part if you have the "$EXTENSION" part, lest maildrop mistake
EXTENSION for a filename; but how Exim exports these envelope sender,
local recipient user and so on, I don't know.

Corollary: Do you think I would do better to replace exim with postfix
in my rather small system with a daily mail load never exceeding about
200?

Is there anything that could improve? If so, check the facts.

If no, leave your setup as it is and spend your time on life quality;
visit friends, cinema, pub, cooking, whatever you like. You'd get more
in return.

Yes, I could imagine some minor reasons why one might switch, but none
of these are compelling unless your system is very security sensitive.