Re: [fetchmail] Fetchmail's -e Fails

2002-12-03 06:28:47
On 12/2/2002, on deedsmis(_at_)aculink(_dot_)net,
fetchmail-friends(_at_)ccil(_dot_)org, Sunil Shetye wrote:
Quoting from SoloCDM's mail on Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 05:19:28PM -0700:
In previous versions of fetchmail -e was consistent.  In fetchmail
6.1.2, "Query status=10 (SMTP)" is repeatedly the next step after 50
messages are downloaded, even though -B 250 messages are demanded.
This happens with or without daemon mode.

First, upgrade to 6.1.3.

I'm curious why the first thing that is recommended here to people
with problems is to upgrade to the latest version, when on the web
site, version 6.1.0 is presented as the 'Gold' version. If the latest
version is supposed to be so great why isn't it the 'Gold' version?
I'm curious as to the release philosophy for this tool. How much
should the latest version be trusted? How much has it been tested
before it is released? Or are those of us who load it actually the
Beta testers?

-Debra
|Debra Douglass          ddoug(_at_)catrio(_dot_)org     http://www.catrio.org|