Re: [fetchmail] how to start fetchmail for all users

2002-12-05 08:48:37
Fetchmail Version : fetchmail-5.9.0-1

example .fetchmailrc :

poll pop.net4india.com
        protocol pop3
        timeout 5000
        uidl
        auth password
        user "senthil"
        pass "xxxxxx"
        is senthil
        keep

UIDL ? is it .fetchmailrc ?    sorry i dont know what exactly it is :-(

senthil

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob MacGregor" <rob_macgregor(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com>
To: <fetchmail-friends(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org>
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2002 9:03 PM
Subject: Re: [fetchmail] how to start fetchmail for all users

From: "senthil" <senthilg(_at_)jadooworks(_dot_)com>

This seems to work !!  thanks  but fetchmail seems to pulling some 300
old
mails which my user had left in the the pop box again. But the same time
when i execute my old file ( the regular "single file for everyone") it
seems to be ok.  Please help me

Well, the version of fetchmail and a copy of the fetchmailrc file would
enable us to help you.

At a random guess you're using the UIDL feature of POP3 and the user
doesn't
have permission to read/write the UIDL file.  If you're using that feature
make sure each user has their own UIDL file.

  Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
       Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?