Re: [fetchmail] Hi

2002-12-14 06:45:12
From: Sujith Subramanian <sujithks(_at_)spinc(_dot_)org>

Hello Friends,

Hello again.

I am stuck up with a problem . We have an exchange server
5.5 . We want to Shift our mail server to Fetchmail
Please tell me if can install the fetchmail server  and download the mails
from the existing exchange server running on an internet address for testing
purpose. I tried downloading my official mails to fetchmail. But after that
i was unable to use my account on the exchange server. Please give me ur
suggestions

Did you succeed in downloading the emails? If not you may have provided the wrong password and locked your account out - talk to your administrators.

As stated before, if the Exchange server is providing POP/IMAP services (which it can if so configured) then you can download your emails using fetchmail. However you'll need to talk to your administrators about this.

Details on configuring fetchmail are in the fetchmail man page - example configurations are there too.

 Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
      Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?