Re: [fetchmail] SMTP connect to localhost failed, courier, fetchmail

2002-12-14 06:46:55
From: "Jason" <okitek(_at_)kda(_dot_)attmil(_dot_)ne(_dot_)jp>

FF - CU,

I have installed courier MTA from the ports on a FreeBSD 4.7 box. I then install Fetchmail from the ports and getting these errors.

How do I fix the error with Fetchmail below?

The same fetchmail configuration was working with Postfix.

Which suggests it's not a fetchmail problem.

what permissions is fetchamail logging into localhost courier with?

None, it'll be trying to relay through it. Make sure your MTA is listening on localhost (127.0.0.1) and that it allows relaying when email is received this way.

 Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
      Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?