[fetchmail] Second Try -- Mail Sorting at the Server level

2002-12-14 12:58:55
Greetings in Christ our Saviour.

Second try on this.  Could somebody please give me some insights on this?

I have been studying Jochen Hayek's IMAP utilities for several days now, and I have not been able to figure out one very important thing --

**** How do I envoke the program? ****

That is my main question. While I am at it, though, perhaps someone could tell me if this is going to do what I need it to do.

We have six email accounts that we retrieve from a Redhat Linux 8.0 server using fetchmail. The mail gets stored on this server and retrieved by the users via IMAP (Washington).

We get over a hundred messages a day coming in here (mostly from newsgroups), and we need to have them sorted to go to different folders. Our abbot only likes Outlook Express, and it won't sort mail to IMAP folders, so doing the sorting at the server level would really help out a lot.

It looks to me like JHimap_utils will do this, or am I mistaken?

When Jochen refers to "mailboxes", is he referring to email accounts, or folders?

Or is there another way to do this?

Any help/insights will be greatly appreciated.

With love in Christ,

Peter, hierodeacon

----
Dormition Skete
A Monastery of the Russian Orthodox Autonomous Church
http://www.BuenaVistaCO.com/GOC
http://www.ROACAmerica.org
----