Re: [fetchmail] Second Try -- Mail Sorting at the Server level

2002-12-14 15:16:28
Thank you very much for the information. I will try out Cyris IMAP and SEIVE.

I posted this list because that's where the documentation to the IMAP utilities said to post. I am very grateful for your help.

With kind regards,

Peter, hierodeacon

Rob MacGregor wrote:
It depends on how it's designed to work. If it can be used as an MDA(Mail Delivery Agent) then you could probably use the mda option. See the man page for details.

Any help/insights will be greatly appreciated.

As this list is all about fetchmail you'll probably have little success here.

I've recently set up CYRUS IMAP which comes with SEIVE, a filtering language. Setting it up wasn't particularly hard (and there is a support list for it with lots of experienced people) and SEIVE should do what you're after. I haven't however used SEIVE (yet) so I can't help with that.