Re: [fetchmail] Second Try -- Mail Sorting at the Server level

2002-12-14 13:16:12
From: Hierodeacon Peter <DsFrPeter(_at_)starband(_dot_)net>

Greetings in Christ our Saviour.

Second try on this.  Could somebody please give me some insights on this?

I have been studying Jochen Hayek's IMAP utilities for several days now, and I have not been able to figure out one very important thing --

**** How do I envoke the program? ****

It depends on how it's designed to work. If it can be used as an MDA(Mail Delivery Agent) then you could probably use the mda option. See the man page for details.

Any help/insights will be greatly appreciated.

As this list is all about fetchmail you'll probably have little success here.

I've recently set up CYRUS IMAP which comes with SEIVE, a filtering language. Setting it up wasn't particularly hard (and there is a support list for it with lots of experienced people) and SEIVE should do what you're after. I haven't however used SEIVE (yet) so I can't help with that.

 Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
      Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?