Re: [fetchmail] @ symbol in username

2002-12-18 07:43:45

If I try "fetchmail -N -f /root/.fetchmailrc" then i still get the
error. Could it be that the @ symbol is process differently when in
the config file?

Don't think so, I tried it in my fetchmailrc without problems.

Side note: You should not run programs like fetchmail as root.

Also what does -N do?

rtfm:
The  -N  or  --nodetach  option suppresses backgrounding and detachment
of the
daemon process from its control terminal.  This is primarily useful for
debug­-
ging.   Note  that  this  also causes the logfile option to be ignored
(though

If he would not, his customers using (at least
older versions of) Netscape Communicator would get no mail (it
strips @ after the username).
Netscape translates % into @ by itself,

Where? I never saw or heard this.

has nothing to do with the host (or atleast this is what i've been
told).

?
I said nothing about a host.
Again: If you configure a (pop3) account in netscape communicator and
give a username like "someone(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)com", netscape will only send
"someone" at login time.

My provider has no alternatives.

too bad. @ ist known to cause problems, not only with Netscape. E.g.,
OE5 on Mac is not able to use SMTP AUTH with @ in the username part.