[fetchmail] Re: how to avoid "missed" mail

2002-12-20 00:26:11
Quoting from Matthias Andree's mail on Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 06:55:38PM +0100:
Then there's a driver bug. fetchmail must not mark a mail it could not
deliver "read". However, I only tested against POP3, so I may have
missed that one at that time.

I am not sure if this is correct for POP3. It works correctly only for
POP3+UIDL (client side tracking).

For POP3+LAST-UIDL (server side tracking), the mail will be marked as
read automatically and will not be downloaded in the next cycle (not
tested this).

As an aside, I think the list of test servers page should also
indicate atleast these in the special options:

CAPA LAST STLS UIDL
IDLE STARTTLS

Sunil Shetye.