Re: [fetchmail] Redhat is still on fetchmail-5.9.0-21.8.0.i386.rpm

2003-01-11 10:36:34
From: "Rishi Gangoly" <usergroups(_at_)theargoncompany(_dot_)com>

I noticed that Redhat is still using fetchmail-5.9.0-21.8.0.i386.rpm

https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2002-293.html#Red%20Hat%20Linux%208.0

Do you guys suggest that I use the version on the fetchmail website instead
of the one that Redhat has compiled and kept?

If it works for you, then (other than any security fixes) there isn't any burning requirement to upgrade. However if you have any problems (or want any security fixes that have been applied) then upgrade *before* you report problems to the list, as that's the first thing you'll likely be told to do.

In short, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

 Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
      Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?