Re(2): [fetchmail] Forward mail to remote server?

2003-01-16 15:25:57
jh(_at_)plonk(_dot_)de writes:

Bad mail gets filtered into one box for viewing/approval, the rest
gets filtered into a "good mail" box.

So why don't you just forward them via SMTP? Using multidrop-pop3 is
always a crook, using it for 1200 is really braindead. Would be really
funny if you use a bsd-mailbox for storing the messages.
But since that was surely not what you wanted to hear...

Filtering is all done on the UNIX box - procmail is doing the filtering.

If I had a good way to pass the good messages out of procmail,
and send them along directly via SMTP, thats what I'd LOVE to
do, and keep the "good" mailbox out of the equation all together.

Isn't there some way I can make fetchmail take the mail out of the
good mail box, deliver it via SMTP to firstclass without rewriting
ANYTHING?

defaults
protocol pop3
envelope Envelope-to:    (or whatever your MTA uses)
localdomains your_domain
no dns
no rewrite
fetchall
smtphost firstclass

poll your_pop3 user your_user pass your_pass is * here

Running sendmail, so Envelope-to: should be fine.

THANKS!

Mike Dugas
Technology Consultant
LANscapes