[fetchmail] stuff_warning() buffer overrun patch

2003-01-17 06:36:47
The buffer used by stuff_warning() is too small to handle messages like
the following:

    The attempt to get authorization failed.  Since we have already
    succeeded in getting authorization for this connection, this is
    probably another failure mode (such as busy server) that fetchmail
    cannot distinguish because the server didn't send a useful error
    message.

    However, if you HAVE changed your account details since starting the
    fetchmail daemon, you need to stop the daemon, change your
    configuration of fetchmail, and then restart the daemon.

    The fetchmail daemon will continue running and attempt to connect at
    each cycle.  No future notifications will be sent until service is
    restored.

So, I get emails like the first attachment when the failure mode
corresponding to the above occurs.

The second attachment is one way to fix this problem.

Thanks,
Jason

--- Begin Message ---
Fetchmail could not get mail from user(_at_)mailserver(_dot_)

The attempt to get authorization failed.
Since we have already succeeded in getting authorization for this
connection, this is probably another failure mode (such as busy server)
that fetchmail cannot distinguish because the server didn't send a useful
error message.

However, if you HAVE changed your account details since starting the
fetchmail daemon, you need to stop the daemon, change your configuration
of fetchmail, and then restart the daemon.

The fetchmail daemon will continue running and attempt tàý"Ò?A0T??A??AxO
0T?AÀSxO0T0T¸
a?Ù"AÀÝ"\A\Aÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ(Û"
"ectiÚ"(Û"ØÚ"(Û"Ú"wOøw0Û"ûa
þ§øwüÿÿÿ?é"è"PÚ"É«øwè"8Ú"HÚ"4Ú"DÚ"<Ú"LÚ"?é"Üç"Üè"ØÚ"d

é"P­øw?é"dé"À?Ûwè"?é"ôjaè"?é"dé"ÈÚ"?ë×ð?÷j`?˹ð?×L`?«?ð????`à?4^pd?d$?C
2ø?´t%¯Gè$?C
2ø?´t%¯G?°yÞ`±N-ð²YÀ`³.ð´9¢`C:\ÿiõ7È(_at_)
--
                                The Fetchmail Daemon