[fetchmail] Exchange 2000 POP3 terminating newline problem

2003-01-24 12:38:59
Fellow Fetchmail users:

        I'm sure that this problem has probably been discussed here before,
and I apologize if this is a repeat.  I have spent several hours looking for
a solution to the following problem and came up empty.  I am running an
Exchange 2K box as well as a redhat linux box.  The linux box is used by
friends of mine for retrieving mail from various pop3 accounts via fetchmail
and pine.  I have been running this way for several months now.

        Just recently, I have encounted the famous trailing newline problem
inherit in Exchange2K's poor POP3 implementation.  What my question is, is
there anyway to fix this problem either on the fetchmail side or on the
Exchange 2000 side?

        Any help would be appreciated.

-JR