[fetchmail] Pros and cons of running fetchmail daemon as root?

2003-01-25 08:51:51
I am looking for information on the question "run fetchmail daemon as root
or as another user". Intuitively, I'd prefer a dedicated user for
fetchmail, but there are hassles with the per-user lock file. Would you
recommend sticking to root? I did not find anything on this in the
fetchmail FAQ, is there another document or archive which deals with this
topic? Thanks.

--
Dipl. Inform. Ralph Seichter