Re: [fetchmail] fetchmail: SMTP error: 553 5.1.3 <@localhost>

2003-01-28 17:18:20
Michael Brazda <mbrazda(_at_)triadmsi(_dot_)com> writes:

I had a misplaced CRLF in the .fetchmailrc file that went unchecked for
a day and a half.  it split the line:

user 'username' there with password 'XY' is 'user' here options fetchall

in the middle of "here" so it read:

user 'username' there with password 'XY' is 'user' he
re options fetchall

I fixed the error however my question is this the log is full of the
following errors:

fetchmail: reading message username(_at_)192(_dot_)168(_dot_)97(_dot_)252:4
of 13 (2611 oc
tets) fetchmail: SMTP error: 553 5.1.3 <@localhost>... User address required
fetchmail:  flushed

   Is there anyway to recover the email messages flushed from the
server?  are they on the box running fetchmail?  The fetchmail daemon
was running as a single user.  Was working fine before the .fetchmailrc
issue.

If fetchmail flushed the article, it's gone -- this is the default
action for 553 replies, see man fetchmail.