[fetchmail] fetchmail: SMTP error: 553 5.1.3 <@localhost>

2003-01-27 09:14:09
I had a misplaced CRLF in the .fetchmailrc file that went unchecked for a day and a half. it split the line:

user 'username' there with password 'XY' is 'user' here options fetchall

in the middle of "here" so it read:

user 'username' there with password 'XY' is 'user' he
re options fetchall

I fixed the error however my question is this the log is full of the following errors:

fetchmail: reading message username(_at_)192(_dot_)168(_dot_)97(_dot_)252:4 of
13 (2611 oc
tets) fetchmail: SMTP error: 553 5.1.3 <@localhost>... User address required
fetchmail:  flushed

Is there anyway to recover the email messages flushed from the server? are they on the box running fetchmail? The fetchmail daemon was running as a single user. Was working fine before the .fetchmailrc issue.
The userid being retreived and the local user id are different.
It didn't deliver it to the user running the Daemon

fetchmail v6.1.2
running on Redhat v8.

Thanks,

Mike