Re: [fetchmail] Fetchmail as a mail redirector?

2003-02-17 10:27:24
"Rob MacGregor" <rob_macgregor(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

Somebody has asked if I can use fetchmail to pull the contents of
a POP mailbox and then send the contents on to another, unrelated
(other than it also being theirs) address.
[...]
I'd rather not have the local mail server (Sendmail 8.12.6) doing
any address re-writing if I can avoid it.

As fetchmail needs to delivers mail to a SMTP server (which would act as a
relay, in your case), I think it would be hard to avoid this relay's
address rewriting mechanisms. So you should choose a relay which does not
rewrite... Can your bypass your company's SMTP server and have fetchmail
deliver to one of your provider's relay hosts? IMHO, these are typically
unlikely to rewrite addresses before routing them.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
Dipl. Inform. Ralph Seichter