Re: [fetchmail] group addresses revisited

2003-03-05 11:02:42
Rob Funk wrote:
Now using no rewrite, I'm getting rejected messages that fetchmail is
sending with an envelope address of <undisclosed-recipients:;>.  I'm
NOT using multidrop, so why is fetchmail looking at the To line when
submitting to my local SMTP listener, rather than just using my
username as the envelope recipient?

OK, I was wrong here.

Fetchmail is doing the right thing, at least with "no rewrite".  The
envelope it generates is correct, and is not coming from the To:
header.  I was misinterpreting exim's messages.

Exim was actually rejecting the messages because it perceived syntax
problems in the To: header.  Exim was rejecting messages with
"<Undisclosed-Recipient:;>" in the To: header, but accepting messages
with "Undisclosed-Recipient:;" (no <> brackets).  Apparently Outlook
Express 6 generates the header with the angle brackets.  I fixed this
in exim by removing "headers_check_syntax" from my configuration.

Whether fetchmail is doing the right thing by adding @myimapserver in
there when rewrite is on may be debatable.  I should go read RFC 2822.
At least it's not a regression to the old problem I noticed six years
ago.

--
==============================| "A slice of life isn't the whole cake
 Rob Funk <rfunk(_at_)funknet(_dot_)net> | One tooth will never make a full