Re: [fetchmail] Problem with sticky message

2003-03-09 06:19:51
Michael Abbott <michael(_at_)araneidae(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:

Helpful, but drastic.

You bet. :-) There's also the option to manually go through the POP3
protocol and manually delete the offending message.

The interesting question seems to be: where has this problem come
from?

Well, the "Received:" headers obviously contain non-7bit-ASCII characters,
which is a RFC violation. As fetchmail is attempting to rewrite a return
path, this could lead to trouble. Have you tried the "no rewrite" option
yet? And to avoid the error resulting from the CAPA command, you can add
the "auth password" option aswell. Here's an excerpt of my .fetchmailrc
file:

  set postmaster "postmaster"
  set no bouncemail
  set no spambounce

  defaults
    protocol pop3
    auth password
    timeout 60
    localdomains domain1.tld domain2.tld
    is ralph
    fetchall
    no keep
    no rewrite
    smtpaddress domain1.tld
    smtphost localhost

  poll pop.provider.com
    user "foo1" pass "bar1"
    user "foo2" pass "bar2"
    user "foo3" pass "bar3" is *

Fetchmail delivers to a Postfix installation on the same machine, so I use
fetchmail's "no rewrite" option and have Postfix handle all rewriting.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
Dipl. Inform. Ralph Seichter