Re: header line termination Re: [fetchmail] bug in 6.2.0

2003-03-27 11:33:40
Fetchmail is occasionally core dumping when trying to download certain
spam messages, preventing me from getting to the more important messag
behind them (and making it hard to determine that they _are_ spam)
<snip>
I think I've traced the problem to somewhere inside the readheaders()
function
in transact.c
I'm looking at the function, and I see this big loop where it gets a lin
from somewhere, does some processing on it, and then appends it to
msgblk.headers.
Right now, my thinking is that this line is supposed to be terminated by
"\n\0" before being appended to msgblk.headers, but that isn't happening
for some reason.

Attached is the patch I've created.  This is an intermittent,
unreproducable problem, but the patch has worked on two occasions when
vanilla Fetchmail 6.2.0 wouldn't work.  I suspect someone will want to
clean it up or find a better way of fixing the problem before accepting
the patch.