[fetchmail] Fetchmail via SSH problem :-(

2003-03-30 05:37:35
Hi there :-)
Since yesterday I have a big problem with fetchmail/ssh :-(

This is in my ~/.fetchmailrc (hosts, username and password are removed ;-)
)

poll mailbox.irgendwo via localhost port 11110 protocol pop3 user
<username> pass <passwort>
preconnect "ssh -f -n -L 11110:mailbox.somewhere:110 mailbox.somewhere
'touch pop.lock; while[-f pop.lock ] ; do sleep 5 ; done'"
postconnect "ssh mailbox.somewhere'/bin/rm pop.lock'"
set daemon 300
set syslog

Since yesterday I have the problem, that when I try to bind a local port
for fetchmail I can't fetch any mails anymore from the mailserver.

I get following error message in the /var/log/mail/errors

Mar 30 00:42:13 <my_hostname> fetchmail[23473]: socket error
while fetching from mailbox.somewhere

I have absolutely no idea anymore what could cause this problem as I can
connect to the mailserver via ssh with an rsa key without any problem :-(
There I can also view the mails with pine.

fetchmail-6.2.1-3mdk

I also tried it with --plugin "ssh %h /usr/sbin/imapd" which caused
exactly the same error message :-(