[fetchmail] question about fetchmail and exchange?

2003-04-09 14:14:35

Hiyas all.

I have a problem at the moment with fetchmail.  We're polling against
exchange, and exchange is not closing the sockets when the connection is
finished, like, ever.

So, exchange falls over, essentially.

I've seen a couple of really, really old posts about this, from versions
of fetchmail back in the 5 series, but nothing on the stuff in the 6
series.  I've been running fetchmail for 5+ years against just about
everything, including exchange, and never seen this behavior before.

Anyone have any ideas?

--mandi